Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elven Library

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

Elven Library - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:14 am

Skalanis reached over her shoulder pulling a book from the shelf and looked at the cover, "Sometimes it feels like I have spent lifetimes in this place..." He opened the pages and smiled softly at the story inside, "All the knowledge all the things that are in these books, these are what feels like the lives I've lived. And in part it feels like a part of me is in each and every book." The librarian chuckled and looked towards a wall. "Then again some of these books actually have stories about me."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:19 am

She chuckled softly at that, wiping a few unshed tears from her eyes. "R-Really? That's... That's astounding. What kind of stories are they? Epics? Lays?"
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:51 am

He smiled at her, "Nothing like that, most of them don't even have my name. They are just tales of 'the librarian and his library,' or 'The mad elf with his knowledge.' It's always the same and always goes off what people barely see of me." He chuckled, "I actually took a liking to 'Mad Elf' at one point. It had a nice ring to it," A sad look quickly crossed his face, "Then everything happened and I had to leave this place, I met people learned things that was not in the multitudes of books that I had."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 am

She nodded, browsing through the multitude of books. "It must have been an interesting experience... I've lived most of my life out there, aside from the occasional foray here to Arcem..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 pm

All the while, Lathai continued to skim through the texts he'd gathered, ranging from scrolls to tomes. Everything here retained some connection to the Cillian above them, but what separated them was what interested him the most. He had heard tales and rumors of wars passed, of heroes and villains, both elven and man alike, but there was more to this stories, these myths and legends of times and wars long passed that drew him in and held his focus. Vague pings tapped at the back of his subconscience as he stored the information for later reference, but he neither cared nor worried about them. With the ground both beneath his feet and above his head consecrated the likes of which could never be so brilliantly replicated, the haunting voices that plagued him were trapped in mute limbo. He was at peace here, if nowhere else, though only his Aelwynn could maintain their silence.
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 am

Skalanis smiled softly placing his free hand on the top of her head, "Well now that you are with a group of elves you are getting many facts and learning things you may not known of."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Eloen ducked a bit to the side, chuckling softly. "My hair and head are not to be fiddled with without my permission, Librarian."
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Skalanis smiled and leaned towards her face, "I am a Librarian and a gatherer of facts, I gain knowledge at any means necessary. If it means finding truth in your threats or distracting you to see your reaction time. I might even aquire your favorite color, either way I will try to learn as much about you as I can." He then leaned closer, "For example you are not familiar with having any being close to you in any sort of intimacy." He then reached up and twirled some of her hair in his finger.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:00 am

Eloen stiffened as he got closer, but instead of flee or fight she closed her eyes, taking calming breaths and waiting for the moment to pass Her hands clenched into fists even as she attempted to restrain herself, and she could feel the tips of her ears starting to burn softly.
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Skalanis began to laugh softly, "I truly am not this evil, I was just proving a point." He leaned up and pecked her forehead with his lips. "Why would I harm something so fragile and..." He stopped himself, still smiling. He quickly turned and walked away to another book opening it and flipping through the pages. He looked towards Lathai, "When do you suppose our friends will be showing up?"
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Eloen stood stiff for a matter of minutes before turning rapidly and pulling another book from the shelf, starting to actually read it so as to distract herself.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Oblivious to all that had transpired between them, the elf looked up, an eyebrow raised as he processed the question. "I suppose that would all depend on who is leading them. Aside from those present and Aelwynn, no one knows their way around the catacombs or library. However, with a'maelamin's sense of direction...." he chuckled, standing and returning his reading materials to their proper homes. "I might have to go find them."
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Skalanis smiled at Lathai, "Indeed some finding might be required, though I'd be sure if I were you to leave a trail behind you so that you don't get lost yourself."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:41 pm

He shrugged, though his eyes narrowed in mock annoyance. "I do have a sense of direction, thank you. Besides," he shrugged again, moving towards the doorway and smiling back at him, "I have nothing to mark anything with. And I imagine that the most I would have to do is scream something about books or knowledge and you would come running." Without another word, he set himself back amongst the catacombs and tunnels, whistling softly as he searched for Aelwynn and the others.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Beyril:

Aelwynn heard a faint whistle in the distance, and whistled the melody back to the source. She paused, then sped up her walking as she pressed on.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Lathai's brow raised further when he realized the tune was being echoed back at him. He laughed, shaking his head and standing at the first intersection. "Aelwynn... Dare I ask how long ago you left the Cillian under keep?"
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Beyril:

A long pause followed, then a hesitant, "Time escapes me in the underground, you know...."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Eloen had consumed a third of the small book, and while the feelings from earlier had not left the back of her mind, she found herself more ingrossed in the story she was reading than dealing with those problems at the present time.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:49 pm

He shook his head. "Are you aware of how long ago the Battle was?" With a sigh, he headed down one of the paths, following the echoes of her voice.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Beyril:

Another, even lengthier pause, "Uhmmmmmmmmm......"
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Lathai continued to follow the sounds, shaking his head further. "One hundred and thirteen years, Aelwynn. A full generation of humans and then some have existed since that day." He sighed again. "And still, you cannot help but lose yourself in the catacombs... And not even on purpose..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Beyril: Silence followed, but he could practically picture her standing there blushing.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Lathai stopped at the next intersection, sighing and shaking his head. "Aelwynn, I need you to keep talking... You can sing a choir song if you wish, but I need the sound..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Beyril: Aelwynn was silent still a moment, "I'm not any good at singing, you know. The brothers joked that they sent me to the paladinship because the only thing my voice could do is kill things..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm

"Aelwynn, so help me, Albiorix, if I have to tag you with a tracking spell..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elven Library
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next