Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elven Library

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Ellen half smiled, curious of the change that had come over him but jubilant nonetheless. She gave him a brief hug before pulling back, giving a light chuckle. "Thank you, Lathai. The...the path no longer seems so cloudy..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 pm

He smiled, returning the hug before releasing her fully. The previous unsettlement seemed to be gone, but there was an almost supernatural distance behind his eyes, as though his very spirit was searching for itself. "Come," he said; his voice had not changed. "We should check on him before he destroys something."

Ooc: Will post a Cillian library pic, guys
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Eloen nodded, hiding a larger smile. She followed him, keeping a few steps behind, eager to check on the Librarian.
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm

When they walked in Skalanis barely noticed them. He was running around checking everything he could, mumbling nonsense along the way. He knew his fear was unwarranted but he still wanted to make sure that none of his precious library was hurt in any way. With everything he checked and was okay the more he seemed to get wound up expecting something else to be missing or destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Eloen smiled a bit, keeping her distance from him. She understood how important this place was to him, and she was content to watch him as he scurried about.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Lathai chuckled, eyes following the druid about. The man had always had more energy, not to mention worry, than any other elf. It came as no surprise to him to see the man running about. Like a... chicken right? The thought made his brow furrow as he tried to remember the human saying. Or was it a goose? Either way, its decapitated... He'd never actually seen such a phenomena, but he had heard the saying more than once.

"My friend, all is well." He looked around the vast expanse of the Cillian library. Scrolls and books took their places on display or amongst the shelves, calling out to him and his boundless thirst for knowledge. Pushing aside his intellectual urges, he took in the majesty of the architecture. For the mortal races, gold was a treasure used not only for currency but as a fashion statement among the nobles. For elves and dwarves, however, the ore was so common that it could be used for mere decoration. It was that purpose that made it so abundant in the Cillian Library, lining the ceiling as well as the doorways and dividers between shelves. It was a marvel to look at, the wonder of it all. The floor was marble with patterns of granite and various symbols engraved within. Vaguely, the elf seemed to recognize a few: wards, prayers, and even a few binding traps for the unlucky soul that met the specified criteria.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Aelwynn made her way toward the library, though the path through the catacombs to the impenetrable fortress of elven knowledge was unfamiliar to her. Her place had been strategizing in the palace, or training in the temple courtyard, and the underground had been for sleeping to her, not exploring. She cast a ball of light forth from her hand, and it bobbed above her like a luminescent balloon on a string. The steady drip-drip of water from the soil above trickled down the carved stone of the tunnels, though time had worn the faces off of the figures. They were all still familiar to her, the physical form of Albiorix and the Moon, his love. The crow of The Morrigan darkening the forest below... The carvings were ones she had not beheld in years, but the tales were as fresh in her mind as they were the day they were told to her. They were as much a part of her as her own soul or limbs were.
Back to top Go down
https://parthalan.rpg-board.net
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Upon checking on everything he could, Skalanis turned to the others and breathed heavily. "Everything is as I left it."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:41 am

Eloen gave him a reassuring smile, nodding her head a few times. "That is good to hear, Skalanis. I'm glad we were able to put your mind at ease." She then turned her attention to the library, turning slowly around so as to view it in its entirety. She was speechless, the beauty and magnificence of this place robbing her of her words.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 am

Lathai smiled, nodding in agreement to her words before stepping back so that he was not in the way of her view. "This, little gypsy, is only the Cillian Library. You have yet to see the full extent and magnificence of the elven collections."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Ellen continued to circle around until she felt she'd taken in as much as she could. She turned to Lathai, giving a curt nod. "Whatever you say, this place...It's simply astounding." She looks over to Skalanis, smiling again. "I think I can understand why this place is so important to you..."

Last edited by Oblivion on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:41 pm

(Oblivion, no one has been in the Cillian library before besides the High Priest, King, and Champion)
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:16 pm

((Oh...I thought it was open to all XD Myyyyy bad. I'll edit))
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Skalanis turned and looked at the two, "this place has been closed off for quite some time. I was afraid, unnecessarily, that something would have happened to the knowledge of this place." He picked up a book and looked at it as if he was looking at his own child. "This place has knowledge that some people would wish they could burn, while others wish to learn everything here to use for power. Though every time someone has tried they are judged by the guardians." He then looked up as if he could see something that was not there. "They protect this place from anything bad that should happen, they protect all of the library, especially the parts that no one should enter."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Lathai smiled from where he stood, still by the Cillian entryway where they had come in. "It is your charge and has been your life since your druidic training was concluded. I fault you not." Almost casually, he waved towards the little gypsy, drawing the librarian's eyes to her. "I am accustomed to the public libraries, myself, and we both know that I have explored every inch of the place." His eyes wandered, almost hungrily as he took in the sites, the texts. "Though I have not been here... and neither has she. If it is all the same to you, I recommend showing the little one around. I, myself, which to... explore."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Eloen let out a soft sigh, somewhat sadly. As much as this place captivated her, she thought of how much her mother would have loved to walk these halls. She had always been more of a warrior, while her mother had been more of a scholar. Her skills and talents, when not used in instructing her daughter, were used to visit places of knowledge, though she never ventured beyond a visit, believing that wherever the knowledge was was no doubt where it belonged. Again, she sighed, and looked up to the ceiling, lost in thoughts of this nature.
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Skalanis looked at Eloen then to Lathai, "Of course, where are my manners? We are currently in a small section of the library, though it may look big. This place is larger than you could think." He waved towards the top book shelves, "All books that are here have a value that cannot be lost to time or war. No matter what happens to the outside world, this place will stand strong. If you wish to see more then when the others get here we shall walk and talk and hopefully you'll see the beauty of this place."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Lathai smirked, sneaking away from the pair as his old friend and mentor rattled out, surprisingly coherently, about his precious library. Out of their direct line of sight, he began skimming the titles and scrolls, eventually pulling out a few and setting down on the marbled floor. His eyes raced across the pages, taking in every word with a sort of insatiable hunger found only in scholars. He finished the first tome, which he had also skimmed yet was so accustomed to reading through spell books that he knew what and how to retain the knowledge he gained. The book completed, he returned it to its proper place before reaching for one of the scrolls.

ooc: Library's technically yours, Kevin. You pick the content of the book he just read.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:00 am

Eloen slowly walked over to a shelf, skimming her hand along it, reading the titles. She shivered a bit out of excitement, pulling one off it's shelf and skimming the first few pages. She heard vaguely what Skalanis said, nodding. "Yes, I would like that..."
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Eying Lathai he noticed that he had just skimmed a book that was filled with stories of one of the many wars of the land. He walked up to Eloen and watched her pick up the book, "That one has an interesting story, it may be legend or myth but when it comes to fairy tales this one is very well put together." He then leaned in and whispered in her ear so that Lathai couldn't hear, "Though my personal favorites are the ones which are more extreme to lives and loves. The story of a romance is always interesting which is why I am happy for Lathai. Though don't tell him I said that."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:05 am

Eloen gives a light smile. "Yes, I'm quite happy for them both. I'd nigh given up hope for us until I met Aelwynn. Despite the short time we've spent together, she feels almost like a sister to me. I'm glad that she and Lathai found one another again..." She looks back to the book, choosing to read a few pages in length before setting it back on its shelf, half-turning to Skalanis. "Would you mind showing me some of your favorites?"
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm

He smiled then looked up at the many shelves, "My favorites? That's like asking which way the wind likes to blow. Like asking how bright the sun likes to shine. I do not have a favorite because each and every book and each and every story is important to me, no matter how little or much information is deep within their pages."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Eloen gave a small smile, chuckling softly. "Fair enough, Librarian. But surely some most hold a closer spot to your heart than others?"
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Skalanis turned his head slightly and seemed to look off to some distant world in his mind, "There are a few that are closer than the others, though they have a purpose to not be seen and are held in a safer place, they are protected." He shook his head then turned and smiled a closed-eyed smile at her, "You may see them sometime soon, who knows. I could very well get the urge to check on them and bring you along."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 am

Eloen chuckled again, nodding. "It would be my utmost pleasure to accompany you, should such an occasion arise..." She turned from him, pulling another book from its shelf and reading the first few pages. "This place is astounding. My mother could've spent several lifetimes here..." She paused in her reading, a light tremor going up her spine. She closes the book, replacing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elven Library
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next