Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elven Library

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 pm

The massive bank of elven knowledge. Can only be accessed by those with The Gift who have clearance.
Back to top Go down
https://parthalan.rpg-board.net
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:54 pm

The front door is at the SURFACE of Arcem; the catacombs are underground and Skalanis is only capable of opening the front and underground passages to the library. Thus, you would not have left the Temple from the surface and thus could not be at the front door. And Oblivion; there is absolutely no logical way for your halfling to already be here. Coming from the hills between here and High Phelan, you would have been mauled by the werewolves, which btw would have kept you from coming here in the first place. Again, there are also no windows in the library (or the catacombs obviously because they are underground).

In short, reboot this RP because there is absolutely no bit of accuracy in this and I will be monitoring this board from here on out.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Topic Rebooted. I am leaving up my previous comment until the full description is up and added.
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Upon reaching the underground entrance Skalanis collapsed on the wall next to the door.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:35 pm

OOC: Forgive me, I thought this was a separate door, outside the temple.

Eloen raced forward, wrapping one of his arms over her shoulder and wrapping her own arm across his back, supporting him. "There there, I've got you..."
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm

He looked at her with a large smile on his face, "This is nothing, I'm fine." Upon finishing his sentence, Skalanis fell unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Eloen smiled softly, guiding them over towards a wall in the corridor. She sat them both down, still supporting him, letting his unconscious form lean on her. She studied his face for a moment before focusing her attention down the corridor they'd come from. "Rest easy, Librarian...I will wait for our companions."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Lathai soon approached them, having already passed Arri and told her that she could join the others. His brow furrowed in confusion as he looked at the others, a gesture noticeable only by other elves. "Are you well, my friend?" He knelt beside them, looking at the druid with confusion and concern.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Eloen smiled a bit, looking towards the Librarian's unconscious form. "I know not what happened, truly, but he seemed a man possessed. He broke straight for the Library, and once we arrived, for I had insisted on accompanying him, he collapsed, from what I would guess to be pure exhaustion..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Lathai nodded after a while, realizing that the man would not be awakening soon, and heaved him over his shoulders. "I can lead us in through the surface entrance if Aelwynn has unlocked the seals, or we can wait for him to come-to here. Otherwise, we'd best head back to the barracks and then Vailhen with the others." He sighed, readjusted his friend so that his ribs weren't digging into the feral elf's neck. "What do you think would be best, shadow gypsy?"
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Eloen crossed her arms, pacing back and forth. She looked over at him after a moment, shaking her head slowly. "No. Skalanis was drawn to the library. He needs to get in there. We should wait for him to wake up."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Lathai nodded, carefully manevuering the man so that he now cradled him. "This I can understand and respect. The library is and always has been his life, and with Ambivalence here now, he undoubtedly needs to read."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:56 am

Eloen nodded, still pacing, her eyes flicking over to the Librarians sleeping form. Wake up, Skalanis. We need you...I need you. You're the only between our three friends that understands me...at least I hope you do...
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Groaning into consciousness Skalanis' eyes blinked opened, upon noticing his situation he began kicking exhaustedly. Since he was just gaining consciousness he was weak and couldn't fight being held in the air. "Put me down! I do not appreciate being held like this."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Eloen stiffled a chuckle, walking over and helping him to stand from Lathai's arms. "Welcome back, Librarian..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:42 am

ooc: Was expecting Kevin to reply again. Sorry, guys!

IC: As the other male began to squirm, the elf chuckled, easing him down slowly so as to not allow him to crash. "If you did not wish to be held, aerister (teacher... had to use a wiki), then you should not have completely collapsed. Come now, let us into the library so that we may be on our way. I am sure that you have been aching to enter your old home."
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:19 am

Skalanis brushed himself off and walked towards the door, "Well of course." He turned and looked at lathai, "After being away for so long I'm almost terrified to look inside." Skalanis looked nostalgic and afraid even though deep down he was very excited to be able to see his beloved library again. The thought of either the dust or the wreckage of something happening to it crossed his mind multiple times. He was so terrified he was not thinking straight. He only hoped that it looked exactly as it did when he last left.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Eloen stepped up beside him, taking his hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "Worry not, Librarian...I'm sure the collection is fine..." She looked at the door, unsure of what rested on the other side.

Last edited by Oblivion on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Assassin MadCheshire

Assassin MadCheshire

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Skalanis took a deep breath and squeezed Eloen's hand back, "I wish to step inside for a few minutes alone, after that I won't signal but you may follow after me. I know not what lays beyond but I wish to take it in without distraction of breath." After speaking he walked forward releasing Eloen's hand only when out of reach. He opened the door and walked inside.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Eloen sucks in a breath, suddenly apprehensive. She reaches for him for a moment before drawing her hand back. "Be...Be careful..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Lathai smirked slightly, watching the exchange between the rather oblivious pair. Gently, he placed his hand on the gypsy's shoulder, pulling her back silently and carefully. "The library opens to few, and he is the only surviving one capable of openning the Cillian Library entrance." A smile spread across his face, wide and proud. "It is said to be as old as Parthalan herself, and it is beyond the power of all to harm it. His fear is unwarrented; though it is rumored that spirits guard the religious texts, he is safe from them. He is their guardian and caretaker." His eyes flitted to the door, left only slightly ajar so that they may enter. "As for you..." He looked down, his wolfish grin returning. "Your fear is almost... Uncharacteristic, little gypsy. Could it be possible that you worry over him more than the rest of us...?" His implication would be plain only to those accustomed to the more romantic cultures of the mortals. Should anyone have overheard, it was unlikely that they would understand 'less they were human.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Eloen froze at his question, eyes flitting around, almost like she was searching for a way out. "I...Don't...Don't think I understand your meaning, Lathai..." A soft blush creapt onto her face, leaving her looking at least a small bit flustered.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:17 pm

His smirk widened, and he pulled her further from the door, knowing that their friend would not hear them regardless. "The flush of your cheeks says otherwise, little one." Lathai grinned, kneeling slightly to try to compensate for the nearly two foot difference. "You could do far worse." There was a flash from one eye, a quick, almost invisible wink. "He was my mentor when Arcem was in its prime. True, he is not always... 'There' I suppose..." The elf hesitated, brow furrowing; he'd never quite grown fully accustomed to human terminology. "However, he is fiercely loyal, and powerful... Though incredibly oblivious." He smoothed back her hair, which still seemed unaccustomed to no longer being bound by bandages. "If you have something to say, you yourself will need to do so. He will not know or understand otherwise. Social interactions are the only things that place him completely.... Out of his element, I believe is the term."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Eloen flushed a shade deeper, clenching her hands, before letting out a somewhat defeated sigh. "Lathai..." She began, her words chosen ever so carefully. "...Yes, I do indeed...harbor feelings for the Librarian...However..." She paused for a moment, brow furrowing as she tried to piece together what it was she wanted to say. "I fear that my own...Blast, the closest word I can think of is handicap...yes, my own emotional handicap...I fear that I won't be good enough for him." She looked over to the door, almost longingly before shaking it off, settling her eyes back on the Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 am

The smirk grew, flashing once more before his smile turned to one of understanding. With a gentle handle, he reached out to cup her chin, directing her gaze to meet his own. "We all carry our burdens, little one, but we are not meant to suffer or live alone. Elves are eternal, and even Albiorix himself is said to have taken a bride..." He blinked suddenly, a flash of hot-white, bluish light appearing in his eyes for the briefest of moments as his brow began to furrow. He knew not where he had heard such a thing. Had it been taught in the Cillian? Typically, he remembered things with utmost clarity, and yet this was the clearest mystery to him.

"The... Point is..." He began again, his voice clearly just as unsettled as his current mental state. "That you know not what will happen until you try. Some things are fleeting, just as it is with the mortals, but some things.... Some things are built to last, and if you want my opinion, little one..." He smiled, knelt to her same eye level, still cupping her chin. "I think he is good for you, as you are for him. If you want, you can see how things play out --- we are on the brink of war afterall --- but that is your decision to make. If it makes you comfortable, then feel free. Afterall, you have only just met."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elven Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elven Library   Elven Library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elven Library
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next