Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proving Worth With Work

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:55 am

He shook his head, pointing to the door and holding a finger to his lips. "I have said enough for the time being. If you agree to the deal, stop by the market again. You know where I'll be. I will make sure you have the information. For mow, however... i have work to do, and you, surely, must return home."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 am

He considered what he said and he sighed. "Alright. See you tomorrow then..." He opened the door, walked out, and gave a slight wave before closing it again. He walked back through the inn, and stopped when he got outside. He looked around and sighed. He started to walk back home, with a smile. He was finally going to accomplish something.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 am

Drustan returned the wave before lounging back against his pillows. There was a lot of work to be done, and he had a pupil to train. Things would never be simple in High Phelan, especially in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:14 am

Dralin lied down arrived back at his house and got into his nightwear. He lied down on the bed, and stared at the ceiling for a while, before drifting to a dreamless sleep.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:17 am

Drustan, meanwhile, would be getting no sleep until after the night's patrons had already come and gone. With a sigh, he gathered his bag of tricks and took to the drinks. Another night of spying was upon him, and he still had much to uncover.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 am

Dralin woke up early the next morning. He prepared himself breakfast and ate quietly. Normally he would be preparing to go shopping at the market. But today, he had different business at the market. He put his robes on after finishing his meal, and stowed his dagger under his robes. He walked out and made his way to the market.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:33 am

Ooc: I am calling you Pika or Nix now. Anyway... You reuse words a lot. Try synonyms or different phrasing. Sorry, I do not mean to offend you if I have. I am used yo give out writing types.

Ic: By four in the morning, Drustan was groggy and more than a little drunk. With a sigh, he wrapped his deck around another note, making the object look like a wad of trash, and secretly stashed it beneath the makeshift stage he'd created for himself out front. With luck, Dralin would find it later and know where to go.

For now, he needed to get some sleep before he did something immensely stupid and ended up with a knife in his back.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:42 am

Dralin walked around and he noticed what looked like trash under something. He went over to the stage looking thing and he took the object and realized it was a deck of cards. He saw that there was a note hidden in it and he opened it, and then read it.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am

Dralin,

I fear I made the mistake of drinking far too much while watching the inn last night. If it pleases you, I recommend gathering all things you think would help you train. Light weapons are recommended. There is an abandoned warehouse on the far edge of town, to the south. Meet me inside tomorrow at twilight.

Be ready.
-Trick'
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:14 pm

After reading the note, he put it in a pocket of his robes and he walked away. He knew what he needed. His dagger and his spell book. Those would be the only things really necessary. He didn't know of anything else that would help him train. So, he went back home and began to read a book. Not a spell book, a book on the history of Parthalan. He couldn't be more intrigued by it.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:12 pm

The day came and went in a drunken blur for the gnome, who spent the majority of it indoors and under covers. When the next day's sun broke into his room, he sighed and leapt down, stretching before gathering his things into a sack. He would be meeting the sorcerer at twilight, but it was never too early to set up.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Dralin realized it was getting late and prepared himself a meal. He ate slowly, wondering what could happen. He shrugged it off and finished his supper, going into bed. He woke up a little late and went out. He walked through the market and saw the merchants crying out their special deals and offers. He couldn't help but smile at all of them. He went to a hill where he sat and read another book, this one being his spell book. When he looked up, it was almost Twilight. He must've been too caught up in his studying to notice. So, he went to the South of town to find the warehouse. It wasn't to hard to miss, and he opened the door slowly and carefully, prepared for a possible ambush.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Drustan sat in the back of the room, atop of a series of crates. He smirked as the human entered. "You are late, sir. Do you plan to make a habit of this?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Dralin looked at the gnome and said, "No...course not. Just got caught up studying my spells." He held up his book and then stored it back in his robes. It was slightly bulky but it was small. He smiled and walked a little closer, looking around.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Ooc: Beyril posted a spells page on the Character Creation board. Be ready to reference it.

Ic: He nodded, seeing this as an appropriate reason. Drustan pointed towards a series of stuffed dummies that he had set up along the side wall. "Show me what you know."
Back to top Go down
SadAries

SadAries

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:41 pm

I felt something cold, and wet against my face. I got myself off the puddle that I was comfortably lying on the ground. "Uuuuuuugh...my heeeead huuuurts!" I whined after receiving shock of head trauma. I looked around. 'Where am I?' I thought, seeing that I was in an alley of a city, I then saw people doing their daily routine. I looked at my self. Cloth clothes from my torso to the shins of my legs. "Whew, shoe free. Just how I like it!" I said with a smile, but now confused. "Just...how I like it? Now why did I say that?" I said scratching my head for answers, but to no avail. "Ah, Great! I don't know who I am!" I said annoyed, I soon then sighed and looked back at the people in the street. "I guess I might as well as look for answers in this...where ever I am." I walked out of the alley and into the streets.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Dralin grinned and said, "Sure thing...always a fun time using magic." He walked a little closer to one of the dummies and focused above it for a few moments. When he was done, he water appeared to come out of nowhere and drenched the dummy. When that happened, Dralin rushed forward and slashed at the dummy, cutting the stomach. He twirled it around so that he was still holding it in his right hand, but he was grabbing it sideways and he stuck it into the dummy's neck. He pulled it out and smiled. "Not the most impressive power but...the attacker would've been dead."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 am

Drustan chuckled, shaking his head and dropping down to come observe the man's handiwork. "Should the water distract your opponent enough to give you the time for this, your technique is... Admirable." He walked around it, watching his step as he went. "...however, you must factor in the slipperiness of the floor, the coherence of the attacker... It's impressive, but you will not get far." He climbed up on one of the crates, staring back at him. "Do you know Daze?"

Ooc: Click here for the list of Sorcerer spells.
Back to top Go down
SadAries

SadAries

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Before I went into the streets, and pondered hard one last time. 'Hmmmm...um...come on, there's gotta be something in this head of mine that'll tell me who I am.' I scratched my head more, then I paused. It was blurred a little, but readable. "Au...Aulo...Aulus???" I whispered my name, trying to grasp the rest, but ended losing it in the process. Aulus sighed. "And I was close too...oh well...Aulus, huh? Well I guess the rest will come to me along the way." Aulus peeked out of the alley, the street was fairly busy. Aulus stepped out and looked around. To his right, further down the street was some warehouses. Aulus wanted to go and see the what's there, but put it off for another time when he knows who he is and why was he lying in the dark alley. To his left, not far away was what look like the center of the town, bustling with people going in and out of that area. "Maybe, I should start over there..." Aulus said, walking to the towards the center.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:12 pm

He smiled to the gnome, gathering what he had said. He heard the gnome ask him about a spell and he said, "Of course. I could even test it out if you want." and he held up his hands, and held them towards the Trickster as if he were going to cast it and he smirked. He put his hands down before he over-reacted and said, "Or you could take my word for it of course."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:15 am

Sanity was not apart of the gnome's extended arsenal, and he merely shrugged, a playful, wild grin on his face. "I fear you not; 'tis merely a spell. Show me."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Dralin shrugged and said, "Alright...you asked for it...quite literally in fact." and with that, he put his hands up and focused for a few moments, and then casted Daze on the gnome.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Ooc: May I offer some advice?

OC: He felt the spell wash over him, a low level --nay, basic spell that's practice would almost literally run through his blood --- though it had no real effect on him. As a stronger opponent than he, the spell held no effect on him, though he could tell that, for what it was worth, it was strong in its own right.

The mad creature nodded, head calculating the damage that could be done in the brief incapacity it would curse a standard opponent with, and his face lit up. "It is not bad, though it could easily be improved. What else do you know?"
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Moving out, guys! Message me if you want me back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proving Worth With Work
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2