Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proving Worth With Work

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Proving Worth With Work Empty
PostSubject: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 am

Dralin was walking around the city, in his typical robes. Not many people saw him out of his house, but today was a special day for him. Today was the day he would find work. He looked around for people that might need it, or anyone who he could prove himself to. He wanted to feel like he could actually do something. Although he had been studying his book for a while, it couldn't teach him much. It was time for him to go out and actually do something useful...but where to start?
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 am

Over the past several days, Drustan had remained at the inn, always within earshot of both the market and the bar. He had learned very little since he had promised the Knight-Commander his aid, though it was not from lack of trying.

Today, however, he had finally managed to gather a crowd, doing what he loved --- legally, for once. As children struggled to move closer, he continued his well-practiced card and coin tricks. From the corner of his eye, he saw the sorcerer, knew him for what he was by sense and sight. For now, he said nothing, but knew he would have to seek the man out eventually; the Gift was rare, especially in the cities.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 am

He noticed children crowding towards something. He was intrigued, so he stopped and watched what was happening. It seemed the man was doing simple tricks and he smiled. He always found it funny how children were amused by such simple tricks. He swore he sensed something strange about the gnome, but he shook his head and kept on walking. He needed to find something to do.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:12 am

Drust's eyes traced the path of the man, even as he continued the show. With a quick flick of his wrist, he sent the cards into a swirling shuffle. Amongst the jacks and aces, he had hidden a note for anyone he felt needed to be spoken to; as he allowed the cards to spin and fly, he directed the note into the man's pocket. It held simple directions, the location of his room and a time.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am

Dralin felt something go into his pocket, but he knew better than to freak out. He casually looked from side to side, but he didn't see anyone. He looked behind himself. Everyone was too far behind him to have stolen something from him. He went into his pocket and felt a note. He looked at it, puzzled. He made his way back to his house, and went inside. He read the note and it listed directions, what appeared to be the location of a room and a time. He went into his drawer and got a dagger. Never knew when you might need to protect yourself. He concealed it and waited for the time to pass by. Eventually, it was five minutes until he was supposed to leave. So, he followed the directions listed and he found an inn. He went through towards to room that was listed and he knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

A smirk popped onto the gnomes face as he looked up from his work, cards and coins scattered across his bed. "Do come in, good sir." He called, sliding the cards into a deck with one smooth motion before sending them into an easy loop in and out of place.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Dralin walked in and he closed the door right after. He noticed the gnome using magic on the cards and he smiled. "So...the magician's secret is revealed..." He said and he walked into the room a little more. "So, what was it that you wanted me to talk about? Guessing you figured out I'm capable of magic abilities...but how exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:59 pm

A slow smirk spread across his face as he made the cards circle around him. "Sit, good sir. The chair's over there-" he nodded towards the back of the room, "Or you can sit with me."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:06 pm

He went over to the chair, picked it up, and brought it closer to the bed. He sat down and he smiled as he saw the cards circle him. "Nice trick you got there...I can see ways of that being useful." He said it more as a fact, rather than judging his skill.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 pm

The gnome smirked, accepting the words as a compliment while he made the cards stack and lay flat.He then spoke. "You have the gift. The question is: can you tell which one I have, sorcerer?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:45 pm

He smiled again, realizing he figured out that he was a sorcerer. He then said, "Based on your sly smirk and that card tricks are usually used to trick people out of their money...I'd say you would be an Arcane Trickster...although, I could be very incorrect on that."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

With an over-exaggerated clap, a laugh, and a wide smile, Drustan cheered him. "You are correct. I am not the best, by far, but I am a Trickster." He leaned back then, watching him intently. "What are you capable of, sir? And oh, beg your pardon--- I am Tristan," he reused the cover name he had given the Knight-Commander. It was best to not mix up his lies, "You may refer to me as such or simply as Trickster."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Dralin said, "Well I only know simple spells, considering I haven't had any real training...oh, and then name's Dralin. Dralin Lenford." He was impressed with the gnome's skill, but...Dralin wasn't about what to think about him.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:41 pm

He nodded, jumped from thr bed and began pullinh a series of random notes from various locations around thr room. "How good are you, Dralin?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:01 pm

He looked at him and said, "Well...I haven't really been able to test out my skill. I mean, I have a couple times but the last time I did, I almost got into trouble." He waited for the gnome to respond.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Drustan smirked, nodding towards the window. "There are places in and out of the city that you could go. I could train you, and I ask very little in return."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

He raised an eyebrow and said, "Little in return? Not the words I would expect to hear from a Trickster...what is it that you ask exactly?" He had a smile, a friendly one.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:56 pm

"I need... Help." He begun, bringing the notes to him. "I was tasked with keeping an eye on this inn for anything... Suspicious. If my theories are correct... I could end up in far more trouble than I expected."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:07 am

He started to nod his head and said, "Alright, I'll help you out...now...why exactly would you end up in trouble?" He had more of a serious face now, and was thinking about what would happen if he actually got training...he would have to think about that later though...
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:16 am

"I am not quite positive about what is going on..." He stepped back up to the bed, scoffing at the pile of miscellanies items he'd had to use as a staircase. "But I know it is not good and surely not legal. I can hide and escape with ease, but the problem comes in finding out more about what is going on... And being able to fight if that's what things come to."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 am

He thought for a moment and said, "Well...fighting probably won't be an issue, but finding out what's happening...we would need to hide and wait for them to do something...and we go from there..." He looked at the gnome, to see what he thought.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:29 am

Drustan nodded, ruffling up the back of his hair to keep it from falling and irritating his neck. "That would be the plan. As a Trickster, I can teach you to hide. It would be nowhere near as effective as a Shadowdancer, but likely thennext best thing..."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 am

Dralin nodded slowly and said, "Alright...so, when exactly do you think the "trouble" or whatever is going to come?" He looked at him, anxious to be able to do something besides sit at home all day.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:46 am

He smoother his bed sheets before pulling more papers to himself and readying the quill from his bedside table. "Any time now, honestly," he began, jotting down plans and preparations, "the main thing you should concern yourself about is how close you can get while remaining undetected... The closer we are and more noticed we are, the faster things will go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:49 am

"Alright then...when should we prepare for this to happen? Now would be a good time I assume..." He thought for a bit and said, "And when are you gonna teach me how to hide?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proving Worth With Work   Proving Worth With Work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proving Worth With Work
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next