Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Echoes of a Memory (Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Empty
PostSubject: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:08 am

This takes place almost 200 years before the present day. These are the memories of Aelwynn, the Last Standing, and Lathai.

Strange occurrences, they had said. Those words alone were so vastly vague that neither the Wolf nor his comrades had any idea what to expect. Arriving in the small village just north of the Laoise Forest had made things all the more ominous. There was almost no one left, so many of their people were gone. Without first alerting the Holy City or the band or warriors of their intentions, the townspeople had sent out a scouting group to look for the missing villagers. It had been a week, and still no one had returned.

The Wolf in the Fray, as they called him, was mumbling curses as he sharpened his blade. He understood loyalty and duty, but their actions seemed foolish to him none-the-less. The Crossblades, as the almost childish men called themselves, had taken shifts searching for those that had gone missing and protecting those that remained. They had sent their fastest member back to the city to relay the details and request more aid. That was five days ago. No one knew how far he had made it, or if Arcem would send them anything, or one, at all.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 am

Aelwynn had been sent on behalf of the church. She arrived alone, not even a mount to accompany her. She carried a thick heavy satchel that clanged with the ringing of armor, and the largest great sword any of the villagers had ever seen on her back. She arrived to find the village guarded. She touched her forehead in respect, "The sun shine bright on you, friend. Hail. I was sent to you. Am I needed?" She called ahead in elvish. Her voice rang clear and clairvoyant, somehow bright despite the nature of her position.
Back to top Go down
https://parthalan.rpg-board.net
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 am

Instantly, he was on his feet, almost growling --- the very action his title came from. "Your name, madam. I am not permitted to allow entry to every stranger that comes. These are dangerous times for these people. I will not betray their trust." His blade was drawn, pointed at her as he stared her down, hostile for the sake of his position rather from any real distrust or hatred.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:43 am

Aelwynn bowed her head, "I understand, brother. I am Aelwynn, paladin of the church at Arcem, serving our Lord Albiorix. I have no real title, ser. I am merely a servant."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:46 am

He lowered his sword at her words, shocked by her presence. Not once had he seen anyone from the Church leave its walls, much less a stranger so clearly devout. Instantly, he placed his fingers to the smooth skin between his brows, bowing his head and kneeling before her in a grand salute. "You may enter this place in peace. I apologize for my actions"
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 am

She chuckled, "No need to show such reverence to me, brother. I am a servant nothing more. Come. Show me what you need of me."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:53 am

He recovered, keeping his eyes averted from her, as though it were sin to look upon her. His family had raised him a bit unconventionally for an elf, never once allowing him to rest his eyes on a servant of the Gods. Knowing that she was among these servants, he stuck to the teachings of his youth. "What are you abilities, sister? We have many here that are injured and fearful. We know not what attacked them, nor where their search party has gone."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 am

"Injuries?" She asked, "Then I shall serve first as healer and comforter. Please, show me the way." She tilted her head, "Might I ask why you avert your eyes so?" She adjusted herself, obviously uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 am

"I will call for the townsfolk. They are anxious for further aid." He could feel his gut tighten as his nerves and anxiety flinched at her notice, "My mother... She taught my sister and I to never look upon the Gods' servants. She would never tell us why, but it was her greatest rule. I apologize if I make you uncomfortable."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 am

She nodded, "I would not ask you to turn away the teachings of your childhood. Forgive me for my brashness." Aelwynn bowed her head respectfully, "But know I would not take offense should your gaze fall upon my face." She smiled warmly.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:47 am

He smiled softly, an expression visible even without him looking towards her. "There is no forgiveness needed, friend. You did nothing wrong." Carefully, he placed a hand on her shoulder to hault her before stepping into the town square, placing his fingers between his lips, and whistling loudly. All those in the village had come to learn that this was his way of getting their attention. "A member of the Church of Albiorix has come to aid you. Please, gather forth so that she may attend to any ailments you possess." Despite his teachings, he stole a glance at her through his unruly, white-blonde hair, checking for her approval and reactions at his words. The villagers desperately needed help, and he could not allow a stranger into their midst without introducing her first.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:54 am

Aelwynn smiled kindly, though she clearly seemed unused to such grand introductions. Her expression seemed patient, and she greeted the viliage with a light bow of her head, and two fingers to her forehead. She shrugged one shoulder, allowing the satchel that contained her armor to fall to the ground with a loud "clang". She took the wrapping off her greatsword, the light shining off of it in a bright beam. The sword was elegantly carved on the hilt with a bright sun, and a dove. Clouds and sun beams decorated the rest of the hilt, a carving swirling down the blade. She shoved the point into the ground, then covered it in the cloth so the light didn't hurt anyone's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:05 pm

His expression turned curious as he watched her, stepping aside to allow the wonder-filled children to approach. She was a curious woman, even more so than he had expected.

"Sir Fenris," he heard the fragile, shaking voice coming from a nearby house, snapping his attention back to more pressing matters: the town's injured members. "Will you assist me, child?"

"Madam," he replied to his elder, coming closer and lifting her to ease the weight on her tired, injured legs. "I have told you that such formalities are unnecessary. I am no knight or cavalier. I am merely a warrior sent here to help you."

"But you, Sir," she responded, arms wrapped about his neck, "Are noble of heart. You could be a soldier, Sir Fenris. That, however, is assuming that such things are ever necessary. There are many who can only hope to be as kind and strong as you."

He shook his head, the lengths brushing against the back of her hand. "You praise me unrightfully. I am no such thing."

"You are a humble man," she answered as he set her down amongst the children.

"I am merely a man, madam. Nothing more, and often less."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Aelwynn smiled. She found herself in the same conversation many times. "Where are the injured?" she asked, "And Fenris. It is good to know your name, brother. I shall remember it."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 pm

He smiled to her, eyes down before he silently asked permission from the woman. She laughed, having been examined by him and the others multiple times over the past few days. "I fear you not, Sir."

He bowed his head in acceptance, acknowledging that she would not forgo the title. Gently, he moved away the skirt she wore, sliding it up to reveal her knees and lower thighs. There were gashes there, moderate in size and depth but healing. Some of the villagers possessed some minor healing ability and had managed to remove any infection as well as close the surface. However, the skin still appeared badly bruised it was obvious that there was muscle damaged.

"We still don't know what attacked her," Fenris said, pushing his hair away from his face as he checked for swelling. "At first, we thought it was a blade, but since its been healing, it has been looking more and more like an animal. What would do this, though?"
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Aelwynn frowned, bending down and looking closer at the wounds, "How long has it been since she was attacked? And, do you know what phase the moon is in?" she asked, her face suddenly stern, focused, and intense.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 pm

"It... I do not know," he said, faltering as he tried to focus on the night. Fenris had put very little thought into it, never once considering that it could have any possible thing to do with the moon. "Pardon me for asking... But how is that relevent, friend?"

The woman's eyes widened and she appeared visibly shaken at the question. "'Tw... 'Twas the night before their arrival, madam... About a week ago. You don't... You couldn't think that..."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Aelwynn nodded, "I might still be able to help you, sister. It has not been a full lunar cycle. Please," she asked, holding out her hands, "May I try?"
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:45 pm

The woman nodded fervently, clearly terrified at her potential fate. Fenris stared on, curious at their actions. "What is the problem, friend? What attacked her?"
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Aelwynn held her hands over the wound, her fingertips glowing, "I've seen these injuries before. Had they not sent me, you would have all died before the month was over. This was far more than a sword or beast. These are werewolf bites."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Fenris stared at her, shocked, his eyes transfixed on the woman despite his teachings. "Even here? They are far enough out from the Forest to worry about something so evil. What would bring them here?" He reached for the woman's hand, holding it gently, reassuringly as she continued to tremble. "Shhhh, madam, all is well. Gods watch over you today. You will not be further harmed."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:14 pm

"That, I do not know." she exhaled, the would closing up under her fingers. A tiny drop of black tar-like liquid pulled away by her hand fell in her hand as the wound healed. She quickle dropped it in a glass bottle from her satchel and handed it to Fenris, corking the top. "Werewolf venom. Nothing short of holy power would have drawn that out. My suspisons are confirmed." she frowned.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Still holding the woman's hand, who by now was leaning against him lazily, he took the bottle in his free hand and stared at it curiously. "There is... A powerful evil in this. I have never seen anything like it." He swirled it slowly, watching the liquid move slowly. "How many more can you heal today? We have three weeks to purge the village."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 pm

"As many as you can bring me." she nodded, "How many are afflicted?"
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 pm

He glanced around, staring at the small crowd and counting off those with open wounds. "Perhaps a dozen and a half are injured. There are a few who have broken bones, which we have already set. One of the buildings collapsed. They...lost a few children." He shook his head before carrying the now dozing woman back to her house, laying her on her bed before peacefully leaving. "Whom would you wish to see first? Also, is there anything I can do while you work? This village will need more protection than merely a blade." His eyes narrowed when the other two on watch finally emerged from the inn, having gorged themselves with food and drink at the behest of the villagers' hospitality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echoes of a Memory (Mature)   Echoes of a Memory (Mature) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echoes of a Memory (Mature)
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next