Parthalan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parthalan

A Fantasy Role-Play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Searching for Lathai

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

Searching for Lathai Empty
PostSubject: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Aelwynn was completely aware that she was probably the least inconspicuous person that ever existed. Her armor clinked with every step she took, and the ground crunched loudly under her weight. As though that weren't enough, the day's final few beams of sunlight shone brightly off of her armor, turning her into a blazing torch shining through the wilderness. But, the gods had told her that Fenris, or now Lathai, would be in this forest. So she must find him.
Back to top Go down
https://parthalan.rpg-board.net
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Eloen stayed a few steps behind, silent. She was simply a follower on this expedition, and would remain thus....
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 pm

OOC: He's not Fenris, only based on him lol though... Nvm it could work

IC: His head darted up as the trees stirred, the wind shifting as the forest's favored murder screeched into song. He growled between clenched teeth, rising to his feet from his daily meditation and took to the trees. Someone is near, his Lady told him. Someone is looking for you, my child. His eyes narrowed as he scanned the almost perfectly flat forest floor. No one was in sight; of course not, his Mistress always alerted him to these things when intruders were on the brink, not when they were close.

"I am ready, Lady Morrigan." He whispered as he dropped down, darting back to his hut in a blur of bluish mist.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Eloen looked up, spying a raven. She smiled. My Lady. Have you come to watch me again? I've missed your visits...
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 pm

His ears twitched against his unruly, still almost ghostly white hair. Lathai's eyes narrowed, adding to the stress-ridden lines around them and he let out a low growl. His Lady was not near, he could feel her lack of presence. Few things drew her to the Forest's edge, and none, he feared, boded well for either himself or the Goddess.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Aelwynn exhaled. The sun was nearly over the horizon completely. She looked up. Crows. This forest belonged to Morrigan. While she fervently served Albiorix, she did have great respect for all the gods. She bowed her head slightly, saying a prayer of forgiveness to the goddess for disrupting her lands.

She heard a growl, echoed then by another, and another. Four wolves emerged from the shadows.

"Quel fara, mellon en mellonamin." She spoke authoritatively, not so much as reaching for her blade. She seemed totally at peace.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Eloen grinned at seeing the crows. I feel at home.... Then she noticed the wolves. She slowly drew her sword, whispering a short prayer under her breath. "I've shed more blood in the past days then in the past 20 years. Please, m'lady, have these wolves disperse..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 pm

As the wolves' voices rang out, others heard, approaching them, growling in perfect, angered unison. The threat passed on, howling heard as the last bits of daylight began to withdraw. Lethai stooped atop his hut, eyes narrowed as he listened to the calls of his pack, his pack, ringing throughout his Lady's forest.

"Mistress..." He murmured, closing his eyes and tilting his head to the sky. "As you wish it, so command them. Your will be done, Lady Morrigan."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:58 pm

The wolves expressions softened, and one barked a short quick bark. They led Aelwynn and Eloen towards Lathai's hut.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Eloen quickly took the lead, scartching the lead wolf's ear and smiling. "Thank you..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Around him, the Forest seemed to calm, and he listened as the howls returned. They were softer now, peaceful; his Lady had called off the attack. Resentful but loyal, he bowed his head in recognition of her will, his senses held sharp for those that approached. His wolves would alert him, this he was sure of, but he was still left to wonder at the Morrigan's disappearance.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Eloen looked up to see the same raven, and she waved for it to come down. It stayed where it was for a moment before swooping down, landing on her shoulder. It gazed into her eyes and Eloen smiled wide. "Good day, m'lady. I've missed your presence over the years..." The raven tilted its head to the side before flying away from them, on towards where they were headed.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:04 pm

The wolves led Aelwynn and Eloen directly to his hut. She knelt, and moved her arm across her chest, then touched her forehead in an elven display of respect. "Aaye, Lathai. Nae saian luume'."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Again, the elves' ears twitched and he sniffed the air in confusion. They should be days off, even with his pack as guidance, and yet... He could feel them.

"You spoke only of one, my Lady," he hated the common tongue, but had trained himself in its use. Know your enemy, he had decided, and thus he would speak like them to hide from them. "I sense another on the wind."

At peace, little wolf, she answered him on the wing, she is a Sister.

He returned her reassurance with an irritated grunt but held his peace. Though his Lady was of war, she would not approve him tearing another follower apart from the limbs.

Yet, even as his mind toyed at the brutal fantasies, they were there, his wolves in a chorus of howls as the hooded paladin spoke, respectful. She was one of more moral faith. He grunted. An elf, of course it would be an elf! Of all the possible people, it had to be one who would draw attention.  "Mankoi naa lle sinome?" He ignored her use of his name; at present, it remained unimportant.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Eloen knelt as well. "Elen sila lumenn omentilmo, brother...I have longed to meet one such as you...to feel so at home in this world..." She looked around at the wolves, scratching the nearest one on the head.
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 pm

His eyes narrowed at the shorter woman. "So lady Fate has sent me two elves?" He spat the words in common tongue as he leapt from his roof, landing upright with utmost, feathery grace. "I suppose I shan't be surprised. Who are you that comes? A Sister follower of her Ladyship Morrigan? By what name? And you...-" he turned to the taller of the two, approaching her and offering the briefest of pleasantries by mimicking her expression. "Your voice is not unfamiliar to me. From where do you hail?"
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 pm

"Arcem, ser. I fought alongside you once. It was I who knew to seek you out. I remember you by another name, from another age. Fenris, The Wolf in the Fray. My title has changed as well, though my name remains constant as the gods. I am Aelwynn, the Last-Standing." She spoke reverently, "Oio naa elealla alasse'."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Eloen stood as well, studying the taller elf. "I am Eloen Ferall (Fer-all), Shadow of Oblivion, follower of The Morrigan. I'm honored to meet you..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Her words brought about his full attention and he seemed to stand up straighter. "You survived the onslaught, mellon?" He bowed his head to her; he was the one who ran. "Amin hiraetha, I am in the wrong." Lathai turned to the other one then, kneeling before them both in a more human display of respect. "It is an honor that we shall we meet."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Eloen knelt before him. "It's been so long since I've met another elf, and now two in so short a time. Don't bow, Lathai. We stand on even ground here..."
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Aelwynn nodded, "I alone survived. And only by the gods will. It seems they have greater use for me yet." She stated simply, "We seek shelter for the night, and your aide come morning. The humans think us extinct. I feel it is the will of the gods that the Marcher Lords pay for what they have done to our people."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Lathai rose then, looking from one to the other. "You will receive little shelter from my..." He glanced behind him briefly. "...home. Your safety lays only in the Morrigan's blessing." He nodded to them both. "I am Lathai Corcphen, the Fugitive Dread Wolf. I welcome you as is Her will."
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Eloen nodded, looking around to the creatures. "I feel at home here, Lathai. I wish I'd come here sooner..."
Back to top Go down
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Adviser LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:41 pm

He spoke no more, only leading them closer as he silently dismissed his wolves. Inside, he tapped at a small bell hanging to the side --- a sign he had established with some friends long ago. Nothing, however, came of it and he merely moved towards the center fire pit, reaching his hand over it and watching as small sparks ignited into the fuel. Around him, the abode was simple: a bed cot, a makeshift sink, cooking supplies, and an unpolished mirror were all that could be seen.
Back to top Go down
Queen Beyril the Just
Admin
Queen Beyril the Just

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Aelwynn bowed her head, "Diola lle. Amin naa tualle, astalder."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Lathai   Searching for Lathai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching for Lathai
Page 1 of 31Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next